Mealtime Table Talk for Families
Every day they devoted themselves to meeting together in the temple area and to breaking bread in their homes. They ate their meals with exultation and sincerity of heart, praising God and enjoying favor with all the people. –Acts of the Apostles 2:46-47a
Bring your bible and this print and fold-able ‘table tent’ (or your electronic device) to your dinner table with your family to discuss Sunday’s Gospel and how you can be the Body of Christ in the world.
Prayer before meals
Bless us, O Lord,
and these thy gifts which
we are about to receive from thy bounty,
through Christ, Our Lord.
Eat the meal together. Have each family member respond to the following questions:
Where have I given kindness this week?
Where have I received kindness this week?
Together Read and Reflect on the Holy Day’s Gospel
March 14, Fourth Sunday of Lent: John 3:14-21
Feel free to use your family bible or children’s bible. Be creative. Read it in parts. Act out the story.
- Why did God send his Son, Jesus to us?
- How does is make you feel that God loves you so much that he gave us his Son?
- What do you think it would be like to make a sacrifice like that?
Family Action Step
Go out into the world to be the Body of Christ. Choose an action for your family this week that brings Christ to others. Maybe it is an action inspired by your Gospel reflection.
Prayer after Meals
We give you thanks
for all your gifts,
living and reigning
now and for ever.
For further reflection during Lent:
Fourth Sunday of Lent Reflection (9:55)
Presented as a collaborative effort facilitated by Catholic Education Ministries with special thanks to:
- Presenter Alejandra Mancilla, St. Leonard’s Parish, Pelican Rapids.
- Students and Teachers from the Spanish Classes at Cathedral High School for reading in both Spanish and English.
- Life through Winter Reflection Clip, Photographs by Julie Tschida, improvisations created and performed by David Fremo.